The National Framework for Continuing Healthcare (CHC) remains a challenging area for professionals, with widespread difference in approach resulting in dramatic variations in eligibility rates from area to area.
This session will provide an overview of the key issues arising in CHC eligibility assessments.
- What is a primary health need?
- The definitions of health need and social care need for the purpose of CHC eligibility.
- The use of objective professional risk assessment to identify health needs in hybrid domains.
- Understanding the legal limitations on the ability of local authorities to meet health needs.
- The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic easements on Continuing Healthcare.
Please note there is a fee of £15 + VAT to reserve your place at this session if booked in advance. Places can be booked on the day of the event for £18 + VAT.
Morag Duff, independent specialist continuing healthcare consultant